Building Your Virtual World: How to Create Servers in Minecraft PE
23 July, 2022
Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) brings the beloved world of Minecraft to mobile devices, allowing players to immerse themselves in the blocky adventures anytime and anywhere. While playing Minecraft PE on your own is a rewarding experience, the true magic of the game lies in the ability to connect with friends and build a virtual world together. By creating your own server in Minecraft PE, you can unleash your creativity, collaborate with others, and shape a unique multiplayer experience. In this article, we will guide you through the process of creating servers in Minecraft PE and help you embark on the journey of building your virtual world.
Step 1: Choose Your Server Hosting Option
To create a server in Minecraft PE, you have two main options for hosting: local multiplayer and external server hosting.
Local multiplayer allows you to create a server on your local network, enabling you and your friends to connect and play together. This option is ideal for playing with friends who are on the same Wi-Fi network as you. To host a local multiplayer server, follow these steps:
- Ensure that all players are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch Minecraft PE on your device.
- Select "Play" from the main menu and choose the world you want to play in.
- Before entering the world, toggle the "Local Server Multiplayer" option to "On."
- Share your device's IP address with your friends, who can then select "Join Game" from their Minecraft PE menu and enter the IP address to join your server.
External Server Hosting:
If you want to create a server that can be accessed by players outside of your local network, you'll need to use external server hosting. There are various hosting services available that offer Minecraft PE server hosting. These services typically require a subscription or a one-time payment, but they provide dedicated server resources and a more stable and reliable multiplayer experience. Choose a reputable hosting provider, sign up for an account, and follow their instructions for setting up your Minecraft PE server.
Step 2: Configure Server Settings
Once your server is up and running, you'll need to configure some settings to customize the multiplayer experience. Here are some key settings you can adjust:
- Game Mode: Choose between survival, creative, adventure, or spectator mode for your server.
- Difficulty: Set the difficulty level, ranging from peaceful to hard, based on the desired challenge.
- Whitelist: If you want to restrict access to specific players, enable the whitelist feature and add their Minecraft usernames to the whitelist.
- World Options: Configure world-specific settings such as seed, game rules, and spawn points.
- Plugins and Add-ons: Depending on the hosting service, you may have the option to install plugins or add-ons to enhance your server's functionality or introduce new features.
Step 3: Promote and Manage Your Server
Once your server is ready to welcome players, it's time to spread the word and manage your community. Here are some tips for promoting and managing your Minecraft PE server:
- Advertise Your Server: Share your server details on Minecraft forums, social media platforms, or dedicated server listing websites to attract players who are interested in joining your server.
- Set Up Community Guidelines: Establish clear guidelines for behavior, chat etiquette, and building rules to foster a positive and welcoming environment.
- Appoint Moderators: As your server grows, consider appointing trusted players as moderators to help manage the community, enforce rules, and provide assistance to other players.
- Organize Events and Challenges: Plan and host server-wide events, competitions, or building challenges to engage your community and encourage collaboration.
- Regular Maintenance: Keep your server up to date with the latest Minecraft PE version, and perform regular backups to safeguard the world and player data.
Creating your own server in Minecraft PE opens up a world of possibilities, allowing you to collaborate with friends, build impressive structures, and explore new adventures together. Whether you choose local multiplayer or external server hosting, following the steps outlined in this article will help you establish your own virtual world and shape a unique multiplayer experience. Remember to customize server settings, promote your server, and create a welcoming community for players to enjoy. So, grab your mobile device, gather your friends, and embark on the journey of building your virtual world in Minecraft PE. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination!